Friday, December 6, 2013

Phone call

I have such an awesome doctor. He called to check on me today before I could call him and tell him I wasn't doing better like he asked me too. I have really struggled this week with pain and very heavy bleeding as well as feeling extremely fatigued, light headed, and sick. I have been sleeping a TON! So weird for me. Wednesday when I called the doctor he made sure I was taking 600mg IBprofeun (sp?) to slow the bleeding, along with my 15mg oxycodone which I have. He also told me to drink a ton of electrolytes so I started doing that. When he called to check on me today he said he was positive if he stuck a laparoscope in my belly again he would find internal bleeding all over my abdomen again. I forgot to ask what we were going to do about that but that'll have to wait until I talk to him next. He also told me to continue what I am doing. He said we have got to slow this bleeding down while waiting for the shot. They are also going as fast as they can to get the shot because I really need it as things are backtracking inside of me. I was really hoping to get it this week but hopefully next week for sure. Lately I have been leaning on my husband more then usual as I struggle with pain and being sick. He always knows what to say or do. One of the many things he has been telling me is, "you can do hard things!" It always brings me back to one of my favorite talks that was by Sister Dalton. She says in her talk, "....I had a small plate inscribed with a motto that read, I can do hard things. That little plate bearing that simple motto gave me courage. But now if I could change that motto, it would read: In the strength of The Lord, I can do all things." How true is that. I am so thankful for the Gospel and the opportunity I have as I go through this test to learn and grow. "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." -Philippians 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment