Wednesday, December 4, 2013
Hysterectomy at 16? No thank you.
I decided to start a blog as awareness and as a journal. I hope in this process I will help someone because I wish I would have known back when I was 16 years old. If you have any suggestions of more I should add or take away please feel free to comment and let me know! Thank you!
Starting at age 3 I grew up very sick. I continued to gain more symptoms every year. After a couple surgeries, tons of antibiotics, tons of ER and doctor visits I was admitted into the local hospital at age 16. I started having side pain around the bottom of my ribs that had me curled up in tears. After 4 days I was transferred to a hospital one hour away, and after 10 days of no answers I was transferred to a hospital 3 hours away. They started looking for an answer for all the symptoms although my side pain was the most painful and they concentrated on that the most. They mentioned I could possibly have endometriosis and brought up doing a hysterectomy just to see if it would fix the pain. Of course my mom said no way. I am very thankful she did because who wants a hysterectomy at age 16? After 4 weeks of being there I was discharged with a stack of prescription papers and no answers for random positive tests. The day after I collapsed and was paralyzed for a day and ended up being diagnosed with chronic lyme disease. I thought I had all the answers then. After less then a year my chornic lyme disease went into remission and has been since. The side pain didn't come back for awhile, but eventually it did. It would come and go more often and it would be more painful each time. Every time I would have a flare up my liver numbers would go up very high but the doctors never knew why.
Back in April I started really struggling with my migraines which we have been working on fixing since the January 2009. I ended up getting the worst pain I had ever had in my head one day and I was very light headed. Then my side flared up and I was miserable. My husband took me to the ER where they gave me fluids and pain medicine in IV and a prescription to take home. The doctor in the ER was concerned about the chiari malformation I had been diagnosed with the year before and told me to make an appointment with my family doctor Monday. After no relief with my headache, or my side and my liver numbers 4x higher then they should be they admitted me the next day. After 10 days of some testing and no answers for my side pain I was sent home with pain medicine and was told to follow up and possibly go to the liver specialist if the numbers wouldn't go down. They did go down after a month or so and the side pain would come and go in the summer. More often and more painful. In between flares I was able to go camping a few times in the summer and enjoy the warm weather with my husband and my family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment