I'm slacking on this already! I got my first shot over a month ago. It took longer than it should to show signs it was working. After bleeding very heavy for a couple weeks after the shot and the pain getting worst than it had ever been, the doctor called in Toradol with needles and as well as an antibiotic because of a infected belly button incision he had to drain with a needle. Cody was giving me a shot every 8 hours to hopefully stop the bleeding. It actually worked! Christmas Eve I stopped! The cramps and back pain took awhile but eventually did too! I got hot flashes and they weren't that bad. I had switched to a quick release and long lasting pain med that didn't make me all sick and drugged feelig. I was feeling pretty good. The doctor told me he would prescribe me something for hot flashes but I wasn't interested on taking a prescription just because I get hot. Then my hot flashes got worse and worse. Now if I'm not sweating from a hot flash I have chills. I don't know what normal temp is anymore and can't wait to have that back after I'm done with these shots. I also noticed that my body was hurting really bad. Not just my joints but my muscles too! My headaches are really bad again too. The worse the hot flashes got the worse the pain got. So frusterating. I also have been getting very dizzy and weak. These past few days I feel like I'm going to pass out every time I stand up. My stomach hurts and I was throwing up. I went to my family doctor who thought i might have fibromyalgia, and that my chiari malformation could be causing the dizziness, throwing up, heart racing, etc. But then I talked to my Ob-gyn nurse and she said the pain is a side effect and of course the hot flashes are. She is going to talk to the doctor and see if the other symptoms could be side effects as well and said I should be hearing back from her tomorrow afternoon. I hope they can do something for the pain mostly. It's really making it hard for me to do much.
Also my husbands work changed insurance the beginning of this year. It took weeks for our old insurance to process paperwork to pay for my shots which are 1,000 each. Of course we had notice they were changing but couldn't get our hands on any information for awhile. I was suppose to get my shot last week but we got them the info the week before. So today when I talked to my nurse I made sure to ask about the progress on the paperwork for the shot.
Bad news... The company I got my first shot from and our new insurance don't work together.
Good news... The insurance is going to try and find a company that they do work with that has the lupron shot.
Cross your fingers that it's soon so we don't have to delay it any longer! Sometimes I wish I would've refused this shot and gone natural as I did the last time I had a major health issue but after praying and praying I felt I needed to do the lupron shot and as long as I continue to be prayerful and live the commandments I know I will be okay.
I hope everyone had amazing holidays with their family and friends filled with love and laughter! Mine was everything I wanted and more with my husband, and both sides of our family. No matter what trials come my way I will always know one thing for sure... I am SO very blessed and life is good. There is a reason for trials and I know that I will continue to learn and grow from this one and as hard as it is and has been I'm grateful for it. New Year's Day 2014

No comments:
Post a Comment